We did this because so many of you have been bringing us books & because we now have over 200 moms selling in our store their kid’s clothes on consignment. More moms are joining us each week. Books keep being donated!
USED BOOKS – $2.00 EACH. Over 20,000! WE STILL NEED YOUR BOOK DONATIONS!
Hi! I just want to send a quick note to let all of you know more specifically why we changed the prices of our kid’s clothes & our used books. I keep getting calls, e-mails, and comments at the store with a misunderstanding of why we did this.
- This isn’t a temporary sale. This has been questioned many times, “When will your sale end?” It’s not going to! Because you all continue to bring such great books that look almost new we are able to continue to grow our bookstore and make this new price permanent.
- This is not to purge our inventory. This comment continues to be made. We in no way want to ever have less inventory! But, because boxes of books continuing to be brought in, I have the belief that we can continue to GROW our inventory even with the prices of the books now $2.00.
- WE WANT BOOKS in your homes! The final decision to lower the prices on all of the books was last week. I see over and over again customers looking at so many books that I can tell they really are interested in reading, but because of their budget try to decide which ones to take and put the others away. Usually the hardcovers get put away first. I realized that all of the books, regardless of their size, are brought in by all of you & the size should make no difference on the price, for the book itself is what matters. I would much rather have our inventory grow and have everyone be able to take 5-6 books instead of 1-2 out of the store. These books change lives. They shouldn’t be on the shelves & tables of our store if they can be in your hands.
- WE WANT A “Brick and Mortar” STORE, not just on-line, but an actual store. It would be so much easier to only do our business online, and so much cheaper. This isn’t the reason we wanted to have a store. We wanted a store to have a location for customers to come, meet others, find friendship, and find books that will change their lives.
- WE WANT TO GIVE YOU A BOOK! On every order on our website, each time you walk into our store. It’s fun to do this! No reason besides that. It gives us joy. So there! I read the autobiography of Andrew Carnegie and when he was young he delivered packages in Pennsylvania. One person he delivered to had a library In his home and let Andrew borrow a book each week. This changed his life. I love the memory of children and all of you coming into our store knowing they aren’t there to shop, but to pick out a book. We will always do this because we love to do this!
KIDS CLOTHES – All now under $5.00 – WE STILL NEED MOMS TO BRING CLOTHES!
- This is not to purge our clothes! We will always need more clothes size newborn to size 16 that look almost new. Over 200 moms are now bringing their kids clothes in. Because this continues to grow we can all afford to have the prices cheaper. Again, we don’t want less! We want them to be inexpensive for our families, but are able to do so because we now see how this area grows every single week. I have over five boxes in my van right now from the last few days to add!
Okay! That’s my “short note!” Thank you for bringing us your books to donate so we can grow our bookstore in the middle of Nebraska. Thank you for bringing your kids clothes that look amazing so we can have these clothes so inexpensive at the store. Thank you for ordering from us! For letting us have an actual “brick and mortar” store! Thank you for your friendship for 20 years now! Susan